- LHS Annual General Meeting: The 2022 AGM took place at the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic on April 20, 2022.
- Tea Cup Exhibit: 50 Cups for 50 Years The Tea Cup exhibit will run from June 1 to August 21 at the Silver Building at 184 Lincoln Street. This exhibit will commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Lunenburg Heritage Society while also promoting the LHS Anniversary Tea, which will take place on August 20 at the Central United Church Hall. Special tea cup collections of Lunenburg residents will be showcased in the exhibit.
- Season Opening of Knaut Rhuland House Museum- June 7, 2022: Refreshments will be served at the museum on June 7 from 2:00 to 4:00 pm to celebrate our opening for the season. Museum hours are 11:00 to 5:00 daily on Monday to Saturday, and 12:00 to 4:00 on Sundays. The museum will be open from June 7, 2022 to September 30, 2022.
- Guided Tours at the Museum: Daily Guided tours will be provided daily throughout the summer season by our student Heritage Interpreters dressed in period costume. Visitors will learn about the history of the Knaut-Rhuland House and local traditions of the Lunenburg while viewing historic artifacts and decor.
- Weaving at the Museum: Weaving demonstrations will be provided at the museum every second Monday by our resident weaver, Anne Morison. Weaving demonstrations will take place on the following dates: June 13 and 27, July 11 and 25, and August 15 and 29.
- KRH 2022 Special Exhibit: What IS a Georgian House? The Knaut-Rhuland House 2022 special exhibit was designed and curated by Tom McFall to provide insight and reflection on the topic of What IS a Georgian House? This exhibit will be available for viewing at the Knaut Rhuland House from June 7 to September 30, 2022.
- Launch of Lunenburg Doors Jigsaw Puzzle: June 2022 Our Lunenburg Doors poster has been a popular retail item for years, and we are happy to announce that a Lunenburg Doors jigsaw puzzle will be launched at the KRH museum in June. Puzzles will be for sale at the museum.
- Relaunch of Lunenburg Doors Ornaments: When the Lunenburg Doors ornaments were first introduced during the 2021 KRH Holiday Event, they sold out completely. We are thrilled that these ornaments will be relaunched on June 7 with an even greater selection of colours to choose from.
- Lunenburg Heritage Society 50/50 Draw: To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Lunenburg Heritage Society, we will launch a 50/50 Draw on during the opening of the Knaut Rhuland House museum on June 7. Tickets will be sold all summer, with the draw taking place at the LHS Anniversary Tea on August 20. Half of the proceedings of ticket sales will go to the winner of the draw, with the other half of the proceedings going toward the restoration of the Knaut-Rhuland House museum.
- Picnic in the Park, 50th Anniversary Party- July 23, 2022: This special event will celebrate the 50th anniversary of three Lunenburg organizations: Lunenburg Heritage Society, Lunenburg Art Gallery, and the South Shore Public Libraries. Celebrations will include games and fun activities for the children, music, remarks from Mayor Matt Risser, and cake! Everyone is invited to attend the party!
- Nova Scotia Folk Art Festival- July 31, 2022: After a long two year hiatus, the Nova Scotia Folk Art Festival is coming back! It will take place on Sunday, July 31 at the Lunenburg War Memorial Arena. Over 50 participating folk artists will provide 1,500 folk art items for sale at the event.
- LHS Anniversary Tea- August 20, 2022: This special fund raising event will take place on August 20, 2022 from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm at the Central United Church Hall, with all proceeds going toward the restoration of the Knaut-Rhuland House Museum. At a cost of $25 per person, there will be a delicious assortment of fancy sandwiches and sweets, including scones with clotted cream, coffee and tea. There will also be a silent auction, special exhibit, prizes and 50/50 draw. For more information or to purchase tickets online visit the event website: http://tinyurl.com/LHSocietyTea
- LHS Family Treasures Silent Auction – August 20, 2022: This Silent Auction is a fund raising event which will take place at Central United Church Hall during our Anniversary Tea on August 20, 2022. We are seeking donations of antique or vintage items, particularly ones that hold a special meaning or tell a story, which can be passed on and cherished by a new owner. If you have a family treasure to donate to the Family Treasures silent auction, it would be greatly appreciated- both by the Lunenburg Heritage Society and the new owner!
- LHS Step Back in Time Exhibit: The Step Back in Time Exhibit will be displayed in the Silver Building at 184 Lincoln Street from August 22 to September 30. This exhibit will showcase items and artifacts from days gone by.
- LHS Garden Party-Volunteer Appreciation Event: September, 2022 (more info. to come)
- Lunch and Learn– Secrets of the KRH Museum: October, 2022 (more info. to come)
- Holiday Event at the Knaut Rhuland House: November, 2022 (more info. to come)
Other 50th Anniversary Celebrations
The Lunenburg Heritage Society is sharing in the celebration of its 50th Anniversary in 2022 with the Lunenburg Art Gallery and the South Shore Public Libraries. Please check back here and on their sites for updates throughout the year!